Under the supervision of the Program Manager-PACE works with the Recreation Coordinators in providing recreational services and ADL (activities of daily living) assistance as needed to participants attending the PACE center.
Find out more about Siouxland PACE at Siouxland PACE | UnityPoint Health - Sioux City, Iowa.
Why UnityPoint Health?
- Culture – At UnityPoint Health, you matter. Come for a fulfilling career and experience a culture guided by uncompromising values and unwavering belief in doing what's right for the people we serve.
- Benefits – Our competitive Total Rewards program offers benefits options like 401K match, paid time off and education assistance that align with your needs and priorities, no matter what life stage you’re in.
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Commitment – We’re committed to ensuring you have a voice that is heard regardless of role, race, gender, religion, or sexual orientation.
- Development – We believe equipping you with support and development opportunities is an essential part of delivering a remarkable employment experience.
- Community Involvement – Be an essential part of our core purpose—to improve the health of the people and communities we serve.
Hear more from our team members about why UnityPoint Health is a great place to work at https://dayinthelife.unitypoint.org .
• Assists with the planning, preparation and implementation of individual activities, group activities, special events and outings as needed.
• Assists in the safe supervision of participants at the Siouxland PACE Center, special events and outings.
• Assists in daily clean-up and sanitation of the recreation areas.
• Completes documentation, under the direction of the Recreation Coordinators, which includes, activity participation records, reporting and recording PPT disruptive behaviors, and recording supplies sent home with PPTs.
• Provides ongoing input to the Recreation Coordinator of participant participation in activities or refusal to participate. Reports PPT concerns to Recreation Coordinators for follow up.
• Completes risk reports per company policy.
• Assists participants with personal care, toileting, showers and cueing or feeding as needed. May involve using stand aid or Hoyer Lift.
• Assists with laundry service done at the PACE Center.
• Ensures oxygen concentrators and tubing is available for oxygen dependent PPTs attending the PACE Center.
• Assists participants to and from activity areas. May involve pushing wheel chairs and assisting participants with walkers and gait belt as needed.
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
• Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
• Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance.
• Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position.
• Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, TJC, DNV, CMS, IME, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
• Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year.
• Is knowledgeable of hospital and department compliance requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of hospital administrative staff. Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance.
High School Diploma or GED required. Completion of a nursing assistant training program totaling at least 75 hours
Maintain Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS)
Maintain Mandatory Reporter status
Ability to follow instructions and take direction.
Good written and verbal communication skills.
Ability to work cooperatively with other staff members in a team effort for the benefit of Siouxland PACE participants.
Basic computer skills-working knowledge of Microsoft office.
OtherRecreational Assistants may be required to utilize stand aid or Hoyer lift to assist in PPT transfers.