UnityPoint-St Luke's PACE Facility
8-4:30 Mon-Fri (occasional evening and rotating weekends)
$3,000.00 Sign on bonus!
Under the supervision of the Clinical Manager PACE, provides personal care and services according to individual care plans for assigned participants of Siouxland PACE. Adheres to the principles of Service Care Standards and the philosophy, mission and values of the Siouxland PACE program in all aspects of job performance.
Find out more about Siouxland PACE at Siouxland PACE | UnityPoint Health - Sioux City, Iowa.
Why UnityPoint Health?
· Culture – At UnityPoint Health, you matter. Come for a fulfilling career and experience a culture guided by uncompromising values and unwavering belief in doing what's right for the people we serve.
· Benefits – Our competitive Total Rewards program offers benefits options like 401K match, paid time off and education assistance that align with your needs and priorities, no matter what life stage you’re in.
· Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Commitment – We’re committed to ensuring you have a voice that is heard regardless of role, race, gender, religion, or sexual orientation.
· Development – We believe equipping you with support and development opportunities is an essential part of delivering a remarkable employment experience.
· Community Involvement – Be an essential part of our core purpose—to improve the health of the people and communities we serve.
Hear more from our team members about why UnityPoint Health is a great place to work at https://dayinthelife.
· Maintains a working knowledge of applicable Federal, State and local laws and regulations, the Compliance Accountability Program, Quality Assessment and Performance Improvement and Code of Ethics, as well as other policies and procedures, in order to assure adherence in a manner that reflects honest, ethical and professional behavior.
· Documents all participant care related activities accurately, legibly, and in compliance with Siouxland PACE policies.
· Is knowledgeable of and complies with Siouxland PACE Safety and Infection Control Policies and Procedures.
· Adheres to Siouxland PACE Participants Rights Policy at all times.
· Protects privacy and maintains confidentiality of sensitive participant, employee and agency information.
· Works sensitively and effectively with individuals of diverse ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· Participates as a member of the interdisciplinary team reporting regularly on personal care services provided and the self-care abilities of participants, including changes in participant’s condition. Advises PACE Supervisor of participants expressed wishes as related to implementing plans of care.
· Provides personal care and services to assist participants with activities of daily living, including toileting, showers, eating assistance, grooming and oral care.
· Assists participants in physical (e.g. exercise and walking) and recreational activities.
· Maintains knowledge of and provides updates to individual participant care plans.
· Observes participants for emotional, behavioral and physical changes in condition including, but not limited to any changes in mood, skin integrity, bowel and bladder status, food/fluid intake, speech ambulation and transfer ability. Promptly reports participant change of condition to clinical manager/or participant’s primary nurse.
· Provides support for participants, such as reminders to follow through with nursing instructions, taking medications ordered and diet restrictions. Provides emotional reassurance as appropriate.
· Works collaboratively with all other departments to ensure that the needs of participants are consistently met and that a clean, sanitary and safe environment is maintained at all times.
· Assists participants with physical activities in support of restorative care plans (e.g. walking for exercise) as needed.
· Maintains accurate and current participant care and service documentation as required.
· Escorts participants for medical, dental, optometry, rehabilitation and other appointments as assigned.
· Performs laundry and other assigned housekeeping duties as assigned.
· Protects privacy and maintains confidentiality of sensitive participant and agency information.
· Assists with implementing recreation programs in a group setting and one-on-one as needed.
· Attends to personal care needs of participants during PACE center attendance as needed.
· Maintains order of personal care areas including but not limited to bath/shower rooms, personal care/linen supply areas, participant homes and laundry areas.
· Assists PPTS with ambulation/transfer inside/outside the building, to/from transportation, clinic, therapy area, etc.
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
· Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
· Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance.
· Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position.
· Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, TJC, DNV, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
· Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year.
· Is knowledgeable of hospital and department compliance requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of hospital administrative staff. Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance.
Identify items that are minimally required to perform the essential functions of this position.
Preferred or Specialized
Not required to perform the essential functions of the position.
High School Diploma
(CNA Required) Certification from a nursing assistant training program through classroom and supervised practical; training totaling at least 75 hours with 16 hours devoted to supervised practical training, and/or successful completion of a competency evaluation program.
One year experience caring for elderly or adult disabled persons as a nursing assistant in home care, community based or long term care setting preferred
Experience working with dementia patients preferred.
Maintains current CPR status or acquire within 30 days of hire.
Maintains current Mandatory Reporter status or acquire within 30 days of hire.
Completes 12 hours of related in-services per calendar year.
Valid driver’s license when driving any vehicle for work-related reasons.
Valid Auto insurance.
Ability to follow through with verbal and written directions and instructions accurately and in a timely manner with increasing independence.
Working knowledge of physical, mental and social needs of the frail elderly population.
Knowledge of appropriate redirection techniques involved in relating to and caring for individuals with dementia.
Ability to properly and safely use assistive devices and personal care equipment (including oxygen equipment).
Ability to problem-solve and plan effectively.
Effective listening and oral and written communication skills
Maintains and develops basic computer skills
Dependable, flexible and self-directed.
Ability to work independently and collaboratively.
Works required schedule.
Travels occasionally to participant homes.
Maintains current motor vehicle driving license and auto insurance. Has available vehicle to travel to participant residences.
Performs a variety of duties characterized by frequent change.
Works sensitively and effectively with individuals of diverse ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.
· Area of Interest: Nursing Aides, Assistants, and Techs;
· FTE/Hours per pay period: 1.0;
· Department: PACE Clinic;
· Shift: 8-4:30 Mon-Fri (occasional evening and rotating weekends);
· Job ID: 125695;